Friday, March 28, 2008

Improving my flexibility

Jumping kicks do require some flexibility. So.. I need to work on stretching more.

Somewhere in my Martial arts files, and articles, I have acquired a great guide on how to stretch properly, and efficiently. I guess that it is now time for me to try to find it, and implement it. It's not like I haven't stretched until now, it's just that I haven't done it "religiously". I haven't set aside a certain portion of my training time to scientifically work on improving my range.

Sensei David Owen wrote an article on stretching available to read here:

http://www.jkavic.com.au/article_david_owen3.html

It is the second part of a discussion on the benefits of warm up, and stretching before, and after training. I think that it is important to be aware of the various concerns, and information that Sensei Owen mentions as I work towards incorporating more stretching into my personal training.

No comments: