Saturday, September 15, 2007

Planning stage

I know that some days will be more difficult to achieve extra training as my schedule is packed as a Mom, so I will attempt to just meet the perceived "expectations" below as best as I can:

a) I would like to focus on those Kata that will be most useful in a tournament setting, such as:

- Pinan Sono Ichi
- Pinan Sono Ni
- Pinan Sono San

( Also done in Ura, and in Tate, and for practice Ura-Tate)

- Tsuki No Kata
- Sanchin Kata
- Gekisai Dai
- Gekisai Sho
- Yangstu

b) I would like to achieve close to 30 repetitions of each Kata ( adding up to 240 additional kata) per week.

c) I would like to focus on certain parts of the kata that need adjusting, or fixing to improve performance.

d) I would like to achieve 3 sessions of Bo staff training per week of at least 30 minutes each. I would like to learn a couple of Bo staff kata ( as best as I can on my own ) to compliment, and enhance my training. I have been doing the Chion Bo staff kata faithfully for 2 years now, and although there are many lessons that I still can learn from it, I find that I desire to reach out for other expressions of movement.

No comments: